- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 18cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
The foliage of this plush fern is a rich green, and it unfurls from softly hairy rhizomes that creep along the top of the compost and eventually dangle over the sides of the pot. This is one of the easiest ferns to grow. It will flourish in a brightly lit spot (away from direct sunlight), and as it loves high humidity, is happiest in bathrooms or kitchens - ideally away from radiators.
- Home care: Water regularly in the growing season - less in winter and in areas of low humidity, mist the leaves with water on a regular basis, or place the pot on pebbles in a tray filled with water. Maintain temperatures above 10°C in winter and avoid summer temperatures above 25°C. Repot in spring when the plant becomes root-bound.
Davalia hairsfoot fern